Social Network Learning
This graduate level course will explore collaborative and emergent pedagogies, tools, and theory related to the use of the social networks in learning environments. Participants will gain hands-on experience with a variety social networking tools, create a community-based resources, and have an opportunity to develop a global professional network for educational technologists.
Following the course, students will be able to:
- Use a Personal Learning Network, and explain its value in educational settings.
- Understand the value of web-based social networks within educational settings.
- Identify learning theories and researched-based practices that support current approaches to effective use of social network technologies for learning.
- Analyze strengths and weaknesses of various social network technologies for a variety of learning goals.
- Contribute to social learning networks using a variety of media and communication mechanisms.
- Identify factors with successful social networks, and create a social learning network addressing these factors.